BREAKING NEWS: Midhurst fire crew rescues homeowner on New Years Day

0
Have your say

A MIDHURST home and its occupant was rescued on New Years Day thanks to an earlier check carried out by fire crews.

A microwave fire broke out in the house in Elmleigh shortly after 7.30pm.

But because the West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service had carried out a home fire safety check in November, the property was protected by a Careline System with a specialist ‘community firelink’ smoke alarm.

This meant an operator at a 24 hour monitoring centre was automatically alerted and placed the 999 call to the fire service. One elderly female was given 02 therapy for smoke inhalation at the scene.