THREE fire crews were called to a fire at Vann Common, Fernhurst in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday, October 22).
Crews from Midhurst and Haslemere were called out at 2.45am following reports that a large shed was on fire.
The single storey timber building located behind a house was used as a biomass boiler room and storage space for five tonnes of wood pellets to burn in the boiler.
It took more than two hours to make the scene safe. The fire and rescue service said 80 per cent of the building and contents were damaged by the fire, and the cause was accidental.
A 15kg propane cylinder was removed from the shed and cooled and crews returned to the scene at around 9am to assess the damage and ensure the area was safe.