A WONDERFUL evening saw the victors of the Observer and Gazette business awards 2015 crowned last night (April 10).
Bognor Regis-based firm Krowmark were the big winners on the night, walking away with overall business of the year and the customer service award.
“I’m really shocked,” said owner and managing director Mark Ponsford. “We’ve got 18,000 customers and not one of those will say a bad word about us but you never think it’s going to get recognised.”
He joked the company sold ‘a really boring product’.
We sell polo shirts, sweatshirts and fleeces,” he said.
“What makes our job exciting is the interaction with the customers.”
I think behind every good successful leader you have a good successful teamDavid Wride of Regis Removals, winner of the business personality award
Mark’s company is based in the South Bersted Business Park and was formed in 2005.
It offers workwear products across the UK and has also earned a number-one rating as the UK’s best workwear company in Trustpilot.
Mark was there on the night with account managers Louise Quartermaine and Rachel Stickley.
“As an employee I’ve never worked for a boss who makes his customer service so important,” said Louise.
Fellow Bognor firm Regis Removals also had two wins, taking home medium business of the year, as well as business personality of the year for managing director David Wride.
Speaking after winning business personality, David said: “What can I say?
“I’m still overwhelmed and absolutely very proud to compete for such a great award.”
He added: “I think behind every good successful leader you have a good successful team.
“I never take anything for granted. I never take my members of staff for granted.”
The awards ceremony took place at the Avisford Park Hotel, near Arundel, with scores of shortlisted businesses attending the glamorous evening.
See the Chichester Observer, Bognor Regis Observer, Midhurst and Petworth Observer and Littlehampton Gazette on Thursday (April 16) for a supplement full of pictures and comments from the winners.
- Hospitality, tourism and leisure, sponsored by Fontwell Park Racecourse
Judges’ recognition: Edes House
Winner: Kiddie Coupons
- Young achiever, sponsored by Creations Hair and Beauty Salon
Winner: Jack Keywood and Sam Shury from Luvcarpets
- Place to Eat, sponsored by Hilton Avisford Park Hotel
Winner: The Exclusive Cake Shop and Vintage Tea Room
- Start-Up, sponsored by Woods Travel
Judges’ recognition: Birdcage Barn Emporium
Winner: Office Flex
- Manufacturing and Construction, sponsored by Southdowns Builders
Winner: Newlife Paints
- Employer of the year, sponsored by Wannops LLP
Winner: Best Western Beachcroft Hotel
- Retailer, sponsored by VIP Venues by Kenmarché
Judges’ recognition: Phone-In
Winner: Andrew McDowall
- Employee or team of the year, sponsored by Q Hair and Beauty
Winner: Tracy Yelland from Nicholas Coppin Ltd
- Small business of the year, sponsored by The Martlet Partnership LLP
Judges’ recognition: LMS Computer Services
Winner: Applemoon Interiors
- Medium business of the year, sponsored by JSPC Computer Services
Winner: Regis Removals
- Large business of the year, sponsored by the Chichester Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Winner: Millstone Landscapes
- Innovation, sponsored by Spofforths
Winner: Access by Design
- Green business
Judges’ recognition: Newlife Paints
Winner: The Woodhorn Group
- Business Personality, sponsored by Bonieri
Winner: David Wride, from Regis Removals
- Training and Development, sponsored by Chichester District Council
Winner: L Guess Jewellers
- Customer Service, sponsored by Johnston Press South Events
Judges’ recognition: Bay Tree Estates and Harrie’s Mobile Coffee Bars
- Outstanding contribution to the community, sponsored by the Chichester Rotary Club
Winner: Brad Ainsworth from Cathedral Wealth Management
- Lifetime achievement award, sponsored by Andrew McDowall
Winner: Roger Elsmere from Woods Travel
- Readers’ choice award
Third place: Kiddie Coupons
Second place: Tracy Yelland from Nicholas Coppin
First place: Chichester College
- Overall business of the year, sponsored by the University of Chichester