Cause of Arundel mum’s death revealed

Kylee Bell with her 13-year-old son Jayden
Kylee Bell with her 13-year-old son Jayden

A SINGLE mother who died suddenly at home at the age of 36 was killed by acute alcohol poisoning, a court was told.

Kylee Bell was found collapsed on her kitchen floor by her 13-year-old son Jayden.

The inquest, which was opened and adjourned yesterday, heard Kylee was found lying unconscious on the floor on Saturday, December 12.

Paramedics were called to her home in Canada Road, Arundel, and attempted CPR but she was unresponsive and pronounced dead at 6pm.

Dr Mark Appleton, from Worthing Hospital, gave the primary cause of death as ‘acute ethanol toxicity’.

Kylee’s two talented children have been taken in by relatives in Surrey.

Marisa Whitfield, Kylee’s mother, will become Jayden’s legal guardian and Lacy Savage, Kylee’s sister, will become the legal guardian of nine-year-old Torrin.

People in Arundel have been rallying round to support the family and help give them a secure future.

Read more here.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1 – Make our website your homepage

2 – Like our Facebook pages

3 – Follow us on Twitter

4 – Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!

Sussex Newspapers – always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.