Pupils and staff were evacuated from Duncton Junior School on Monday afternoon (November 9) when a water heater caught fire in the staff room.
Headteacher Helen Martin said it was only a small fire which was dealt with quickly before firefighters arrived.
"All 54 children were evacuated to the playground. They behaved very sensibly and watched the two fire tenders arrive from Petworth," Mrs Martin said.
"The crews checked to make sure we were safe and the fire was definitely out. It was all over in a rather exciting 20 minutes."
What do you think? Send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Click here to go back to Chichester news
Click here to go back to Bognor Regis news
Click here to go back to Midhurst and Petworth news
To tell us where in the world you are reading this story click here to add yourself to our readers' map.