Firefighters called to Billingshurst flat

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a flat in Billingshurst this afternoon (Tuesday July 19).

Crews from Billingshurst attended the incident in Station Road at about 3pm.

A spokesman for the fire service said cooking had been left unattended on the hob of a cooker and smoke was seen coming out of the flat.

The occupier was not in at the time and firefighters gained access using small gear.

No fire was found but crews helped ventilate the smoke from the property, the spokesman added.

The incident was left with the landlord.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be among the first to know what’s going on.

1 Make our website your homepage at www.wscountytimes.co.uk

2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wscountytimes

3 Follow us on Twitter @wscountytimes

4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!

The County Times – always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.