A number of incidents have kept firefighters busy in the Observer area.
On Wednesday, November 14, firefighters tackled a number of fires:
* Just before midday, two fire engines from Bognor Regis headed to a three-storey block of flats in Campbell Road, Bognor. A small fire in the bathroom of a second-floor flat was put out, leaving it smoke damaged. Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check for any signs it had spread, and also helped to ventilate the smoke.
* A workman’s truck which had caught alight at the rear of a cottage in Itchenor Road, Itchenor, was doused by a crew from East Wittering at 2.10pm.
* Fire crews from Billingshurst and Horsham raced to the leisure centre in Station Road, Billingshurst, at 7.10pm after a small fire in the base of a floodlight was reported. They isolated the electricity and concluded the fire was started accidentally.
On Thursday, November 15, there were also a number of incidents:
* Flooding near the Causeway in Arundel affected the electrics at a polling station near the Lido at 1.10pm. A fire engine from Littlehampton attended to pump out the water.
* At 7.20pm, a fire engine from Chichester extinguished a chimney fire at a house in Cooks Lane, Walderton.
And on Friday, November 16, a chimney fire at a home in The Street, Lodsworth, was tackled by firefighters from Petworth just after 8.15am.