Kitchen fire in Midhurst

editorial image

An elderly lady was assisted from a flat in Midhurst after a kitchen fire broke out at the home this afternoon, according to fire services.

The fire at the first floor flat in Rumbolds Hill was out when crews arrived following a call out just after 4pm.

A lady had already been helped to leave the property before crews arrived, when she was subesquently given oxygen treatment for minor smoke inhalation, a fire spokesperson added.

The fire is thought to have started accidentally.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.midhurstandpetworth.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MidhurstandPetworthObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @mid_pet_obs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Midhurst and Petworth Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.