DCSIMG

BREAKING NEWS: Midhurst fire crew rescues homeowner on New Years Day

A MIDHURST home and its occupant was rescued on New Years Day thanks to an earlier check carried out by fire crews.

A microwave fire broke out in the house in Elmleigh shortly after 7.30pm.

But because the West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service had carried out a home fire safety check in November, the property was protected by a Careline System with a specialist ‘community firelink’ smoke alarm.

This meant an operator at a 24 hour monitoring centre was automatically alerted and placed the 999 call to the fire service. One elderly female was given 02 therapy for smoke inhalation at the scene.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page