DCSIMG

Stedham fire caused by burning pan

editorial image

editorial image

A STEDHAM householder had a narrow escape when she left a pan on the cooker and went out at midday today (Friday, May 16).

When she returned she found the ground floor of her Common View home filled with smoke and dialled 999.

Firefighters from Midhurst and Petworth attended and used breathing apparatus to get into the house and ventilate it.

Station officer Nigel Gamblen told the Observer: “The householder had inadvertently left a pan on the cooker and the contents caught fire. She went out and when she returned there was a lot of smoke.”

He said firefighters had quickly dealt with the situation and there was little damage apart from the top of the cooker

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page