MIDHURST firefighters stopped a kitchen fire which left a woman with minor burns.
The crew were called out to two separate incidents in the town yesterday evening (October 29).
Shortly after 6pm, they attended the scene of a small kitchen fire in Sandy Lane, Midhurst. They gave a female occupant of the property first aid before sending her to the local medical centre to be treated for minor burns. The fire started accidentally.
Less than an hour later (6.50pm), the crew attended Midhurst Rother College in North Street after reports the fire alarm was going off.
The sprinkler system was damaged, causing it to activate. Water, electrics and gas supplies were isolated by firefighters, who left the scene at 8.30pm.