Palm oil warning at West Wittering Beach after dog’s illness

News
News

A dog walker had to take his pet for a ‘very expensive and unpleasant’ trip to the vets after his dog ate palm oil that had washed up on the beach.

Jonathan Holmes said: “I have removed several lumps of palm oil in the last couple of weeks in the Witterings and this morning my dog managed to chew a lump of a very large piece, resulting in a very expensive and unpleasant visit to the vets.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.