A Level Results at Midhurst Rother College: Students secure places at top universities
Students at Midhurst Rother College are set to go to some of the country’s top universities after receiving their A Level grades today.
Despite the challenging circumstances surrounding the awarding of this year’s A Levels, all students applying for a university have secured a place – with the vast majority gaining places at their first choice university.
These include Head Girl Sophie Cook who will read Law at Hertford College, University of Oxford.
She has become the first Midhurst Rother College student to attend Oxbridge.
Other students celebrating success today include:
- Oliver Jones who will read Mechanical Engineering at the University of Bath;
- Joshua Dean who will read History at University College London;
- Andrew Grzywacz who will read Chemistry at the University of Bristol;
- Ella Matthias who will read Philosophy at Royal Holloway, University of London
- Sophie Howe who will read Zoology at the University of Sussex
- Toby Althaus who will read Medicine at the University of East Anglia.
Stuart Edwards, Principal of MRC, said: “I am delighted that so many of our students have secured places at their first choice universities.
“They have worked very hard over their time in our Sixth Form and deserve to be able to progress on to further and higher education and follow their careers of choice.
“Each of our Sixth Formers has made a very positive contribution to the College Sixth Form making it such a thriving, inclusive and enjoyable place to be.
“Over the past few years, our Sixth Form has grown to become such a key element of the College’s success and is increasingly popular amongst our students and those joining us from other schools.
“We are looking forward to welcoming our new Sixth Form cohort in September, offering them a wide range of exciting, stimulating and high-quality opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.”