Frustrated and angry parents have spoken out about the secondary school allocation following the announcement on Friday (March 1).
A little boy has been left in tears after being told he will have to make an almost 30-mile round trip to school every day.
Education chiefs have allocated 10-year-old Ellis Thorne a secondary school place at Thomas Bennett School in Crawley from September - despite the fact that he lives almost 15 miles away in Southwater.
Parents across the Horsham area are up in arms after being told that their children are to miss out on their first choice of secondary school.
Some parents were told on Friday that their children are being allocated places at schools in Crawley next year - meaning many face a 28-mile round trip each day.
Some angry parents have even blamed the boom in housebuilding in the Horsham area for a lack of secondary school places for their children.
And now a petition - entitled Stop Government Failing Horsham District’s Children - has been launched calling for an increase in funding for schools in the area.
In Worthing, a dad has spoken out about his son’s situation where he did not get any of his choices.
“I think there will be hundreds of kids in this town that aren’t going to the schools they didn’t choose. It can’t be right,” the Findon dad said.
And a mother of twins who initially thought they had been split up and sent to two different schools has now been told both her daughters can now go to the same school – just not any of the ones they chose.
You can read her story here https://www.worthingherald.co.uk/news/education/worthing-school-split-twins-offered-places-at-same-school-but-still-miss-out-on-all-three-choices-1-8833840| Worthing school-split twins offered places at same school - but still miss out on all three choices}
If you are unhappy with the secondary school place your child has been allocated there is time to appeal. Here is how you can appeal against the decision.
If you would like to speak out against the decision please email email@example.com