BREAKING NEWS: Dogs warn Easebourne family of fire

DOGS roused their owners when fire broke out at their home in Vanzell Road, Easebourne early this morning (Friday June 7)

The dogs started barking at 6am and when owners went downstairs to find out what had happened they discovered their utility room was on fire.

Two fire engines from Midhurst rushed to the scene and firefighters using breathing apparatus tackled the blaze in the detached family home.

Station officer Nigel Gamblen told the Observer: “The utility room was badly damaged by the fire.

“However we managed to prevent it from spreading to the rest of the house, although there was some smoke damage elsewhere on the ground floor.”

Some 80 percent of the utility room was severely affected.

But the owners of the house and their pets escaped unhurt as firefighters went into action to extinguish the blaze.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental.