Business as usual at Fittleworth pub after chimney fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to The Swan Inn at Fittleworth just after 6.30pm on Wednesday evening (February 29) to deal with a chimney fire.

One of the joint owners George White said although customers were evacuated as a precaution: “It was a very minor incident, the fire crew was very efficient and it was all dealt with in a very short space of time.”

He added: “There was no damage caused and it was business as usual again very quickly.”

He believes the chimney fire may have resulted after logs were piled on the open fire to keep the pub warm when Fittleworth was hit by a power cut.