Chichester Harbour mudflats voted one of UK's most '˜stunning' landmarks
The mudflats at Chichester Harbour have been voted one of the most naturally stunning landmarks in the UK.
A National Express poll identifying the most beautiful areas in the country ranked the mudflats at number ten, with the Peak District hills at number one.
A thousand people were polled by the UK’s largest coach operator in a bid to inspire people with spring travel ideas, including for the bank holiday Monday, May 2.
National Express managing director, Tom Stables, said: “Chichester mudflats are breathtakingly beautiful, as well as being an incredible haven for wildlife, and it’s hard to think of a more scenic place in the country to enjoy a walk.
“From wondrous waterfalls to incredible rock formations there’s no shortage of places in the UK to surprise and delight but sometimes it can be easy to miss out on the marvels at our own front door.
“We hope our list will inspire people to get exploring the amazing natural sights right here in the UK.”
National Express has a network of over 900 coach stops across the UK, and all destinations on the list are either directly reachable by coach or readily accessible by local bus services, or bike for cycling enthusiasts.
People travelling on a National Express Coach can also store a foldable bike or one in a bike box in the luggage hold.
National Express operates thousands of passenger journeys to and from Chichester each year.
For more information or to book tickets visit: www.nationalexpress.com
The top ten naturally stunning landmarks are:
1 Peak District hills
2. Jurassic Coast, Dorset
3. The White Cliffs of Dover
4. Henrhyd Falls, Brecon Beacons
5. The Needles, Isle of Wight
6. East Cliff (Whitby)
7. Watergate Bay, beach in Newquay
8. Brimham Rocks, North Yorkshire
9. Howardian Hills, Vale of Pickering
10. Chichester mudflats
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.