Chris Evans’ cars up for sale at Goodwood Revival
BIDDERS will have the chance to buy Ferraris owned by new Top Gear host Chris Evans at an upcoming auction.
Thirteen of his cars will be up for auction at Bonhams Goodwood Revival Sale on September 12.
“Chris Evans is offering 13 incredible motor cars at Bonhams sale, a stable which includes six outstanding Ferraris,” said Sholto Gilbertson, Bonhams director of motor cars.
“Chris has been a long-standing client of Bonhams, so we’re delighted to offer his incredible motor cars at Bonhams Goodwood Revival Sale.
“In refreshing his collection, others will have the opportunity to enjoy Chris’ fantastic cars – after all, you never own a classic car, you enjoy it, look after it, and pass it on for others to appreciate.”
Leading the series, according to a spokesman, were several of Evans’ highly-prized Ferraris, including the rare right-hand drive 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy.
This has an estimated value of £2.6m-£2.9m.
In addition there is a 1971 Ferrari 365 GTS/4 ‘Daytona’ Spider, estimated between £2.3m-£2.6m and the 1964 Ferrari 250 GT/L ‘Lusso’, estimated between £1.4m-£1.8m.
According to Bonhams, more than 140 lots of Evans’ automobilia will also be offered, the proceeds of which will be donated to BBC charity Children in Need.
The motor cars he is offering are:
- 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy, estimate £2.6m-£2.9m
- 1971 Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spider, estimate £2.3m-£2.6m
- 1963 Ferrari 250 GT/L ‘Lusso’, estimate £1.4m-£1.8m
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTS Spyder, estimate £1.3m-£1.6m
- 1963 Ferrari 250 SWB Replica, estimate £500,000-£600,000
- 1949 Jaguar XK120 ‘Alloy’ Roadster, estimated £325,000-£375,000
- 1967 Jaguar XKSS ‘Lynx’, estimate £325,000-£375,000
- 1936 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Replica, estimate £250,000-£350,000
- 1970 Mercedes 280SL ‘Pagoda’, estimate £100,000-£130,000
- 1989 Ferrari 328 GTS, estimate £100,000-£130,000
- 1958 Jaguar XK150 3.4 Fixed Head Coupé, estimate £55,000-65,000
- 1964 Daimler Dart Police Car SP250, estimate £50,000-60,000
- 1983 Fiat 127 Abarth, estimate £10,000-15,000
Chris Evans is regular visitor to the Sussex-Surrey border area as his mother lives at Cranleigh and he owns a pub near Chiddingfold.
The ‘old’ Top Gear was filmed at Dunsfold aerodrome – the BBC has yet to confirm whether the ‘new’ Top Gear will also be filmed there.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.