A FAMILY has spoken in the aftermath of a devastating fire which cost them priceless sentimental items.
A domestic garage and workshop in Dodsley Lane, Easebourne was destroyed by fire.
The property is owned by Kelly Hudson’s family.
Kelly said: “The fire in Easebourne was my parents’ garage, that also engulfed my brother’s car, causing it to explode.
“We lost a lot of sentimental items in the fire along with an entire wood-turning workshop and many other items including a pricey road bike my brother cycled to Morocco on, my son’s pushchair, a snowboard and garden machinery.
“But no-one was hurt which is all that matters.”
Two fire crews from Midhurst and another from Petworth tackled the blaze, which happened on Tuesday, February 3, but were unable to save the garage. There were no injuries, but owners of the nearby bungalow were evacuated as the smoke spread. The cause is believed to have been accidental.
Neighbour Nathan Stubbs said sparks from the fire affected other properties: “I live about 100 yards away so we were rather concerned in the run-up to the West Sussex Fire and Rescue service turning up.
“There were plenty of quite loud explosions and lots of sparks coming down into our garden.”
The Rotherfield Motor Company in Dodsley Lane was not affected by the incident, and remains open for business as usual.