Home badly damaged in residential blaze

editorial image

A home was badly damaged in a fire that started this morning.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to a property in Elmleigh, Midhurst at around 3.15am this morning following reports of a fire in a ground floor garage.

Two fire engines were sent from Midhurst and Petworth fire stations to tackle the blaze.

One high pressure hose reel, a carbon dioxide extinguisher, a safety jet and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus put out the fire.

According to a fire service spokesman, a utility room in the garage was 100 per cent destroyed by fire, and the garage itself was 50 per cent damaged by fire and smoke.

An adjacent kitchen was 15 per cent damaged by smoke.

The fire is believed to be accidental, and two adults were checked over by paramedics at the scene as a precautionary measure.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.