One man was taken to hospital earlier this afternoon (Thursday, May 25) after a fire broke out in a house at High Path, Easebourne shortly after 2pm.
Firefighters from Midhurst and Haslemere were called, but the fire was out when they arrived.
A spokesman for the fire service said there had been a small fire on the first floor.
The man was taken by ambulance to Southampton General Hospital, said a South East Coast Ambulance spokesman.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.midhurstandpetworth.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MidhurstandPetworthObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @mid_pet_obs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Midhurst and Petworth Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.