Midhurst pensioner inquest blames asbestos

AN inquest into the death of a Midhurst pensioner found he died of exposure to asbestos.

Russell Cradick, 77, of Heathfield Green, had been admitted to a nursing home in the area following a diagnosis of suffering from Mesothelioma – a respiratory condition caused by exposure to asbestos.

Having relatively recently worked part-time for a marketing firm, the inquest heard it was his previous employment with leading cinema companies including MGM in London during the 1950s through to the 1960s where he had been exposed to asbestos.

The material was present at a number of sites he worked at.

Coroner Martin Milward, said unfortunately it was impossible to narrow down which site had been the cause of his condition.