A selection of incidents attended by West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
HERE are a selection of the incidents attended by West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service in the past 24 hours.
Monday, April 30, 9.40am to 11.15am:
Field off Old Rectory Lane, Pulborough – Assistance to RSPCA officer, four horses tethered to stakes in ground, chains all tangled. Horses were freed from tangled tethers by Technical Rescue Unit officers and RSPCA officer and re-tethered safely in field.
Monday, April 30, 5.37 to 6.20pm:
Roof on top of three-storey building, The Street, Rustington – seagull trapped in netting on roof of building. Released by fire service and left with RSPCA officer.
Monday, April 30, 6.43pm to 6.58pm:
Three-storey block of flats, South Fram Road, Worthing – accidental small fire involving cooker in ground floor flat. Fan used to assist in clearing smoke.
Monday, April 30, 9.27pm to 9.38pm:
House, Broyle Road, Chichester – small accidental fire in overhead extractor fan, fire out on arrival of fire service. Fan used to ventilate.
Monday, April 30, 9.44pm to 10.14pm:
House, Hertford Road, Worthing – Carbon monoxide alarm sounding. Boiler isolated and house ventilated by fire service. Advice given to occupier.
Tuesday, May 1, 1.53am to 2.38am:
House, Downs Way, East Preston – small accidental fire in boiler in ground floor conservatory. Ffire out on arrival, gas and electrics isolated by fire service. Female occupier with light smoke inhalation treated at the scene by ambulance paramedics