Rocks Review: Rocks 0 Enfield 0

Bognor were fortunate to come away with a point after the visitors took the game to them, especially in the second half.

This was no goalless draw - there were so many opportunities that could have been taken but were not.

Ashley Robinson and Steve Harper began on the bench as a relatively-inexperienced side took to the field at Nyewood Lane.

Midfielder Kane Wills started a three-match ban while Ben Andrews and Dan Kempson were among those missing after becoming the latest additions to the list of casualties.

After five minutes Mu Maan countered to play in Harvey Whyte down the right. Whyte’s cross was too much for Carl Walshe in the box.

Bognor found space again seconds later, but Lewis Stockford’s shot was always flying high and wide.

A neat turn in midfield saw Stockford round his marker but his pass found Maan offside.

Jonathan Hunt’s corner kick had to be dealt with by returning goalkeeper Craig Stoner.

Bognor’s best chance of the day came on 17 minutes when Walshe passed Jordan Lockie into the box and with only the goalkeeper to beat, he hit the post from close range.

Imber spilled the ball under pressure from Maan and the ball was in the net from the striker. But the ball had already gone over the line for a goalkick.

Whyte’s corner was deflected to James Crane in the box, who unleashed a shot which forced a decent save from Imber. Stockford headed a cross straight into the arms of the goalkeeper seconds later.

Tyler Campbell was fouled by Daryl Wollers and Hunt took the free-kick. Louis John was solid in the box to head the ball away.

It was Enfield’s turn to have a goal disallowed on 28 minutes when Campbell ran through and netted off post - the linesman had already flagged for offside.

Craig McKay’s slip allowed Maan in on goal, but he was unbalanced when he shot and the ball flew high and wide.

Doug Tuck lost the ball in midfield but Liam Hope’s long-range effort was harmless and rolled into Stoner’s arms.

Then Jon Marzetti passed to Maan, but the striker slipped in the box, allowing Imber to gather.

Walshe beat his marker again in the box before getting another shot away, forcing Imber to push the ball away for a corner.

HT 0-0

Enfield came out in the second half with purpose but didn’t take their chances.

Two minutes into the half, Hunt’s chipped free-kick found Joe O’Brien, whose looping header dipped just over the bar.

Enfield netted on 50 minutes but again it was ruled out for offside.

Five minutes later they really should have scored when, after a series of attempts, Campbell’s blocked shot ended the danger for the hosts.

Hunt’s free-kick found Mark Kirby in the box and his header meant that Stoner had to be called into action again – saving well.

On 66 minutes Whyte ran on to a Stockford pass but his shot whizzed over the bar.

O’Brien brought another save out of Stoner and at the other end sub Robinson hit shot from a great distance but it was always rising.

Hunt’s right-sided cross found O’Brien but his looping header failed to hit the target.

Campbell beat his marker but his cross was deflected by a defender before ricocheting off the post.

Hope was shown a yellow card for fouling Tuck before Adam Wallace went to ground in the penalty area claiming a spot-kick. But his claims were ignored.

Whyte fouled Lee White in a frustrating period for the hosts and received yellow card.

Enfield continued the pressure and on 81 minutes Hunt’s searching cross was in the direction of O’Brien but his diving attempt at a header wasn’t enough to make contact with the ball.

Hope’s fierce attempt forced Stoner into parrying a shot straight into the path of O’Brien but he couldn’t get his head to it properly and Bognor cleared.

Marzetti was booked for a tackle on Campbell and on 88 minutes O’Brien’s deflected pass swirled up and hit the underside of the bar and Stoner had to track back to gather.

ROCKS: Stoner, Marzetti, Wollers, Crane, John, Partridge, Whyte, Stockford, Maan (Harper HT), Walshe (Robinson 56), Tuck. Unused subs: Cody, Pearce, Boyle.

The Rocks are at home again on Tuesday night when Harrow are their visitors.