Chichester let down by Hove - so it's bring on Beckenham

Chichester aim to get back into action this weekend (Nov 13) after kicking their heels last week when Hove pulled out of their Sussex Cup quarter-final visit to Oaklands Park.

Friday, 12th November 2010, 4:26 pm
Updated Friday, 8th June 2018, 12:36 am

The Blues said the holders’ withdrawal was very disappointing - they lost very narrowly away to them last year and wanted revenge.

Chichester director of rugby Paul Colley said: “The team and supporters were very much looking forward to an exiting match and hopefully turning the tables on them. We are now through to the semis in the new year.”

This weekend Chichester take on high-flying Beckenham at home - they sit in third place with the Blues very close behind in fifth.

Colley said: “The league is very tight from second to seventh and a win this week would put us right in the mix. All supporters welcome for a 2.30pm kick-off.”