Petworth chimney fire

editorial image

Two fire crews were called to a home in East Street in Petworth this afternoon shortly before 4pm (Thursday, January 12) after reports that a blaze had broken out in the living room of a private house.

When firefighters arrived they discovered it was a small chimney fire, which was when they arrived.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.midhurstandpetworth.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MidhurstandPetworthObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @mid_pet_obs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Midhurst and Petworth Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.